Charitable Lead Trust
A Charitable Lead Trust is a way to pass assets to your family with significant estate tax savings while at the same time making a gift to the World Convention. The lead trust is an exceptional way to transfer property to your children and heirs at minimal tax cost. It’s ideal if you’re willing to forgo investment income on an asset but don’t want to force your heirs to surrender the principal. With a lead trust, you carry out your philanthropic plans over the coming years and save on taxes.
- Can be funded during your lifetime or through your Will
- You support the the World Convention’s mission through annual income payouts
- Reduces your taxable estate and potential gift taxes
- Assets can be kept in the family
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
If you’re uncomfortable letting your future retirement dollars ride the ups and downs of the stock and bond market, try a charitable remainder annuity trust. This plan will pay you a fixed dollar amount every year for the rest of your life, with no investment worries or responsibilities. Then after your lifetime (and the lifetime of a surviving beneficiary, if desired), the trust remainder is available to support the mission of the World Convention.
- A fixed and certain dollar income for life
- Immediate charitable deduction
- Avoidance of capital gains tax on appreciated assets used to fund the trust
Charitable Remainder Unitrust
A Charitable Remainder Unitrust is a combination of a gift and an investment plan. You place your assets in trust and you or your beneficiary receives lifetime income from the charitable remainder unitrust. With a unitrust, the amount you receive as income is a set percentage of the value of the trust assets, predetermined annually.
- A lifetime income (often greater than your previous yield)
- A sizable income tax charitable deduction
- Avoidance of capital gains tax if you donate appreciated securities
- Professional management of the assets frees you from investment worries
Gifts of Stock
Appreciated stocks or bonds purchased more than one year ago and donated to the World Convention could yield a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock on the date the gift is transferred, and you pay no capital gains tax on the increase in value of your stock. (These same advantages apply to gifts of real property if the property has appreciated in value and has been held longer than 12 months.) As always in financial matters, please consult your tax advisor for details.
A Living Trust lets you provide for yourself and your family before and after your death. It has a built-in flexibility that can work very well with your overall estate plans because it allows you to stay in control of your assets. Living Trusts are fully revocable, so you can change or terminate them at any time during your life.
- You or a beneficiary receive the income from the trust assets
- You’re in charge, but a professional trustee does the detail work
- You name who will ultimately receive the trust remainder
- The Trust assets bypass probate, so the terms are private
Are you thinking of selling land or a building? A charitable contribution of real estate whether it’s your personal residence, a vacation home, a farm, commercial real estate, or vacant land will give you numerous advantages.
- Income tax charitable deduction for the full fair market value
- Avoidance of tax on property’s appreciation
- No hassle from trying to sell the property
- No gift tax, plus a reduction of your taxable estate
Please contact Gary Holloway at the World Convention office directly if you are interested in a Planned Giving option.
- 615-298-1824 or 615-830-7210
- World Convention, PO Box 50998, Nashville, TN 37205